Thread: MobileRead May 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Really? Declaring a category that's winning invalid because the ones you like are losing? So predictable.

The genres are very, very similar and there is plenty of overlap. Plus it eliminates the bickering about whether or not the book is a mystery or thriller or crime or suspense or whatever, all are welcome to be nominated.

Mostly I nominated the two together in order to make room for other categories to be chosen for 2013. I like broad categories, let the nominations sort out the books people want.
Actually, I did vote for mystery/thriller before realizing it's an invalid category.

We had this discussion for science fiction and fantasy. It was said that they are two different genres with some overlap. That's how mystery and thriller are (different with some overlap).

So if mystery/thriller wins, then we'll only be able to nominate books that overlap because if you go for say a cozy mystery, then thriller will be left out completely.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-08-2013 at 10:31 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote