View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekyfree View Post
Hey there!

I wrote a mail to the Kobo customer service, telling them how I (and hopefully) most of you guys and girls feel about some changes in the new firmware.
I told them that I did not like the fact that the reading statistics are only available to "kepubs", and I also told them that they are going in the same direction that Amazon already went: Caging their customers in one ecosystem.
:
You have been fortunate getting a sensible reply from them - I wrote to them about the "flyspeck" font on chapter change and got a message which totally ignored the problem and told me to reset everything. Despite further feedback form me I seemed to get "potted" replies and my questions were never answered. Just variations on how to reset the device. The more I replied with more information the further they got from the problem.

The whole email trail would be funny if it wasn't disheartening. It reminds me of getting into the "twisty maze of passages" in the Colossal Cave Adventure game I played on a mainframe back in the 1970's - whichever way you turn you finish up going round in circles.

The replies seem to come from a "robot" operated by telusfrontline.com. They do, however fail the Turin test.

It looks like Kobo outsource their "support" to Telus Corporation of Toronto.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote