View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #1377
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
if you want I can help you to overwrite your current software with ours. I could provide you some tools for it. Just send me a PM
To understand if i got the point and i'm speaking theoretically :-D
The procedure of updating a firmware implies the device itself to unzip a protected zip files containing basically the linux operating system + all the readers and programs.
The password of the zip files differs so it's stored in the device in a form of bios.
Booxstor, the tools you are saying now are supposed to flash this password area on what i called bios, right?

If i take one of your firmware and copy all the content inside the other_vendor zip file (without knowing their password), will i produce a 100% identical 'distribution' of your software for the "other vendor" device?

This will move the 'unbranding' issue to just a distribution issue.
We can selfdo it and still have a device that can revert to a vendor firmware
(for example during warranty time).
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote