View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #487
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppe View Post
Thank you again, guys, for this fantastic app. Unfortunately for all of us, Amazon is constantly changing things.

When I use KindleUnpack 061 to split a .mobi file (produced by KindleGen 2.8) into Mobi7 and Mobi8 ebooks, the resulting Mobi7 .mobi file cannot be opened in the latest version of Kindle Previewer, 2.8. It gives an error message "cannot open the file book.null".

(The original .mobi was built using KindleGen 2.8 from a "web page, filtered" made in Microsoft Word 2010.)

That same Mobi7 file from KindleUnpack 061 opens just fine in the latest Kindle for PC and in MobiPocket Reader (and when I side-load it on my Kindle via USB).
Why not just run the k7 OPF through KG? Why mess with it? Drop the OPF on to KP or KG, get a spanking new master mobi. Not sure why you want a K7 prc? If you can tell me why you want the older prc file, maybe the raddled old brains around here can figure out why it's happening, OR, come up with an alternative that works for you?

OR, I suppose, if you really want a k7, could you just drop the whole k7 portion into an old "My Publications" folder from MBPC, and build it from there? What do you guys think, Diap, Wolfie?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote