View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #37
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Amazon is building warehouses. The best place to deal with customers is at the front of the warehouse. They don't need to show products -- just give people a place to pick things up and process returns.

The best place to sell a kindle is probably not a bookstore. I'd have to see some numbers. I'll bet book stores are not the best place to sell anything.

The best place to sell a Fire is on TV or the internet where you can show a lot of people how it is just like an iPad -- except for the price. This is the best place because you can impress a lot of people at once for not too much money. Second best place is a retailer where a sales person LOVES the Fire and can do amazing things with it.

I was at a Best Buy for an iPad launch. They had two set up for people to try. There was a crowd around each. People waited patiently, double tapped a familiar icon, had trouble entering data, double tapped another icon, and watched a movie. I didn't see a single person among the touchers walk away with an iPad.

I was at a BJs club last week. This woman walked around the store handing out pairs of raffle tickets. All you had to do to win a chance at a $25 gift card was watch her demo a whisk. She drew as many as had gathered around the iPad demo at BB. After a fifteen minute pitch, she sold 30 overpriced whisks. No one came to BJs to buy a whisk that day.

Selling is selling. Good selling is good selling.

Amazon already sells Kindles at Staples. Staples operates 1,871 retail stores throughout the United States and Canada. No one shops for a tablet at either place -- people just stop in to pick one up.

Wal-Mart just hired the post office to deliver its goods. Amazon ought to hire the post office to handle returns. Put return info on each box.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote