View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
ProHobo
ProHobo began at the beginning.

Device: BlackJack
Help with selection

I am looking for a good ebook reader, however my requirements are not typical.

I subscribe to several online sites that release news, articles, and documents in PDF format. (Example, Economist, Janes, financial white papers, etc.)

I have been downloading them and printing them (in some cases 100+ pages). Then storying them in a file cabinet.

I have been looking for a good ebook reader, in order to read these documents, but I find a common issue, that I am not familar with on how to resolve.

It seems that many (if not all) ebook readers have problem with PDFs.

Questions:

1. Is there one Ebook reader that is better than others that handles PDFs?

2. Is there a simple method for converting PDFs to a format that is easy to view and read on Ebook readers.

3. I heard another generation is coming out. Is it wise to wait or purhcasing one now.

4. The iliad is 8 in, vs the 6 in Sony and Cybook. Is the 8in that much of a difference.

5. How well do these ebooks travel? Are they fragile? Can I toss it into a briefcase with out fear of it breaking (rattling around).

6. Can you read them outside in the sun?

7. I see that you can write on the ilaid with a stylist, can you do that with the Sony or Cybook?

Thanks...I know many of these seem very newbie and I have done some limited research, but if anyone has suggestions, comments, or thoughts - it would be most welcomed.
ProHobo is offline   Reply With Quote