View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #159
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The RAM kernel is just a binary data "blob". As long as it is distributed as a loadable file, and not embedded as data inside a GPL program, it should not violate the freescale license agreement. Of course, I am not a law professional, but that is my take on it...

I suppose we should repackage it with k3flasher, like I did with a small portion of the (originally huge) MfgTool package and my own custom profiles and u-boot images.
Ah, k3flasher isn't a gpl licensed program.
OR, if the copy your looking at is, Hawhill agreed to re-license it for us to non-gpl.

I suspect he just didn't have the time to make the changes when he built the binary version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote