View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enxss View Post
The card was already formatted in FAT32. I did try re-formatting it anyway and again copying the update file to it. Same problem though, No Update Found.

Any other suggestions?
Let me offer a suggestion since I ran into the same issue with my M92. Be sure the card is formatted FAT32 and the firmware update file is the only file on the card. When I used an empty card like this it found the update and worked. The file should not be renamed and be sure it has a .zip extension. The documentation is incorrect.

From what I understand there are several versions of the M92 firmware update. There's the generic firmware update which has most features and then there's one from Onyx Europe called "Black Pearl" which has an improved reading voice (Inova) in it. But if you were able to try and use this firmware it would fail during installation. From what I understand the M92s that can take the special firmware have special internal formatting that allows the firmware to install. It's something that can only be changed back at the distributor with special tools.

As for the version that Booxtor distributes, I just don't know if it will work with my M92. I asked the Onyx Europe folks and they cautioned against using any other firmware releases that aren't from Onyx International, such as the generic, or from your distributor otherwise you risk invalidating your warranty.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote