View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Amazon, in their infinite wisdom, might have decided to include support for this particular selector, because it's often used in dropcaps styles, and since none of the other pseudo classes seem to be supported in KF8, the tech writers most likely assumed that none of them are supported.
Hmmm, your words made me think. It seems that Amazon added support not only for the pseudo-element :first-letter but also for the pseudo-element :first-line:

Code:
  p:nth-child(2):first-line {
    font-variant: small-caps;
    font-size:1.2em
  }

p:nth-child(2):first-letter {
    float: left;
    font-size: 4em;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-top: -0.2em;
    margin-bottom: -0.2em;
    margin-right: 5px;
  }
With that, you can get an output like the following picture. But the curious thing is that:

Code:
p:first-line {text-transform: uppercase}
doesn't work You can use others properties like color, font-variant, font-size, etc., etc. and all of them work but I don't know why text-transform doesn't work. I must be doing something wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-4893.gif
Views:	555
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	105386  
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote