View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #70
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I doubt they'll completely disappear, but maybe it'll be like mobile phones (basic mobile v smartphone).... there will still be basic ereaders available at a low price, but there will be a limited choice, and there will be a huge choice of tablets at sometimes not too much more cost.
I'm inclined to agree. I think ereaders are on a trajectory similar to that of MP3 players. Ten years ago there were many brand names offering a variety of MP3 players -- I, myself, was a Creative fan. As other devices expanded to include music and video playback the number of manufacturers (and models they produced) dwindled. There are still a couple "brand name" players, and there will probably always be a (niche) market for them, but it's a lot smaller.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote