View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ned0me View Post
What's so amusing about it? It's quite possible they are capturing 80-90% of the total profit earned on all tablets worldwide, and they are one of the biggest single sellers by units - it's just like the phone market. Who else is in a stronger position?

Taking the "decades" view of the author, I'd say Samsung. Not because of the tablets they are making now. But because they are a much more diverse company. Also looking at Apple's roller-coaster past due to their strategy of remaining proprietary, and just the dramatic changes in market share over the past year.

Apple may be financially strong now, but fortunes can change quickly in this industry. Ask RIM. Or Palm. Granted, Apple has a much stronger ecosystem than either of those two did which will help. But I'm starting to see the same lag in their products. The competition is to the point now that no longer being invested in their ecosystem, I have absolutely no desire to enter it again now. I wouldn't have said that last year.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote