View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Blintok57
Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blintok57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 -32g - Kobo Aura
airdroid-android apps. scary permissions

So been using my Nexus 7 for a couple of weeks and a samsung Galaxy Ace.

Was looking at installing AirDroid but read the permissions page on it first and it stopped me in my tracks. (AirDroid allows you to transfer files wirelessly)

AirDroid can send txt msgs without your permission. use the camera to record anything at any time without your knowledge. View and read any email. modify and delete files on your usb storage. prevent the device from sleeping. There is much more in detail if you read the page. too much to list here.

pretty scary when you read all that. its more like it is a virus app. Am i just being over cautious (paranoid?) i read some of the permissions on other apps (like google maps) and it has pretty much the same permission page.

so is AirDroid safe to use?
Blintok57 is offline   Reply With Quote