View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Bookman- Its noticeably larger than Times New Roman and a hair juicier than original Times, when rendered at 12 points. The result is a wonderful easy-reading text font. I used to use Bookman years ago when I got a LaserWriter Plus at a church rummage sale for $10, and I've always loved it. I'm extra- happy that I can get a FOSS lookalike called TexGyre Bonum. I just wish I could embed it into an ePub or KF8.

Kingthings' fonts- These are all FOSS display fonts with a very liberal license. I use some of them for making covers, and I'm thinking about trying to make title graphics as well. There's a little for everyone there.

Now for one going the other way... I freaking *hate* Times New Roman, going back to the first PC I had it on in 2002 or so. It renders small and light, and makes everything feel horribly crowded. Give me Palatino or New Century Schoolbook, or even the old New York font from classic MacOS, before giving me Times New Roman.

Last edited by teh603; 09-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote