View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #90
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Didn't brick, didn't work, did zero <sigh>

I have tried flashing from my ermined PE directly with the rc3 version of the golden allmine, using 2 different brands of sd card and one USB card.

The device only reacts by rebooting once with the card or usb drive in place, but never shows the "updating software" screen.

I have tried holding down the rotate and menu buttons for more than 10 seconds before sliding the power button and keeping it in for 20 seconds or as long as 2 minutes but it doesn't matter.

It is nice that the device doesn't get bricked, but I am unhappy that it doesn't go into flash mode.

Since I did upgrade previously from 1.6 to 2.2 with (I think) a USB, I believe the menu and rotate buttons worked for me then.

I looked in both the extsdcard directory and the usb0 directory and don't see a log file.

Appreciate advice, recommendations and questions.

Thanks

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote