View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
Where do you get the data of 4 to 5 hrs with average usage from? I get 9 hours from my Nook Color just for reading. My co-worker gets 10 hours. There is a thread in the Nook Subforum on battery life.

The Nook Color IS cheaper than iPad, in fact by $250. However, its screen resolution is even higher than the iPad. The screen display of the Nook Color is the best in its class, only rivaled by the much more expensive $599 Samsung Galaxy tablet. The Nook Color exels as an color ereader with expanded tablet functions but unlike the iPad, it is not supposed to be a full tablet right off the box.

I think people who are interested in any device should really go to the subforums where actual owners share their experience. This will provide a far better assessment of each device so they can decide based on their own needs. This will filter out a lot of non-owners who criticise based on phantom data or fanboys who would only sing praise to their own device.
Where? couple of friends at work, who heavily use it; real numbers from real people, not internet; actually one of them just returned it recently because the limited battery life. I had the chance to use it outdoor as well and play with it a little bit.

Because it is not, like you say, a full table right of the box, I don't think is a good choice. You can read ebooks, but it's not eink... you can do some thing that you can with a tablet, but it is not a full feature one ... it's like several things at the same time without, in my opinion, excel on any of those.

To be fair, iPAD does not support Flash and it's bigger and heavier, but it compensates a bit that you have tons of more applications and things to do with the iPAD.

I personally believe that for a true reading experience, novels and not magazines, there is nothing better than eink display.

When eink color technology appears, I think it would worth the money to get something like that. Meanwhile, I don't think Nook Color is a good choice, based on battery life and its LCD screen, not eink.

Last edited by jocampo; 12-12-2010 at 01:20 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote