View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #103
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
Booxtor was kind enough to send me a replacement motherboard to try. I have a friend who says he will try to do the soldering, but we've both been very busy, so it hasn't happened yet.
So, my friend and I took the M92 apart tonight and he did the soldering. Of all things, we had the most difficulty getting the back panel on after the reassembly was otherwise finished!

After a reset, the unit powered right up. However, the four buttons (which are the parts that the solders connect to the motherboard) don't work, so something must have gone awry with the soldering. It's usable as is -- the buttons aren't 100% necessary ... but this friend is a perfectionist so we will probably open the unit again.

Anyway, it's nice to report some positive news. And perhaps I'll have a fully functional M92 soon. We'll see how much I use it ... I've gotten awfully fond of the color display on my tablet.

/G
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote