View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #283
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheknifefight View Post
I've finally started to get the Calibre plug in to work, but it seems like I'm going to need an alias file. Are there repositories for working xray files / alias files? I'm working on Song of Ice and Fire. I have a 100% working xray file from my purchase of book two today, if it would help to let you see the files...

Where can I see an example of a correct alias file in case I would have to make my own?
There are no x-ray or alias repositories so far. I kind of wanted to make one, but the x-ray info is sourced from Shelfari so it is already public, and the locations in the x-ray are extremely dependent on your own copy of the book and how/if it was processed by Calibre.
The aliases are something that could be saved and distributed I suppose.
Attached is an example, the aliases I used for Hitchhiker's Guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheknifefight View Post
When it does work (for example with Storm of Swords from Song of Ice and Fire) the X Ray is off by some characters, and the chapters don't seem to be separated (everything looks like its in the first few pages on the bar)... however the page numbers are rather accurate (again, the terms are off by a bit)
If you use a retail book on the Kindle, but create the x-ray using a version that has had the DRM removed, there will be an offset in the locations. The stand-alone app has an option to account for this, not sure about the plugin version.
If you use Calibre to process the book before running it through the x-ray generator the chapter locations should be accurate. If not, they have to be done manually using a .chapters files (example attached of my manually-created chapter file for Hitchhiker's Guide). Again, not sure if the Calibre plugin supports that or not, I'm just going off what mine supports.
Attached Files
File Type: txt B003GK2180.aliases.txt (1.3 KB, 214 views)
File Type: txt B003GK2180.chapters.txt (4.9 KB, 206 views)
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote