View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There will probably never be a WYSIWYGOEROT (what you see is what you get on every reader out there) editor. WYSIWYG simply means that you don't have delve into code (html/css) if you don't want to.

Learning the idiosyncrasies of the various devices on the market is an ongoing and mostly personal, hands-on endeavor. People share of course, but there is no central repository for the knowledge.

In this particular case, I suspect, the "pages left in chapter" feature offered by Kobo is more or less restricted to their slightly proprietary kepub format. Which—as it it seems I've been typing quite a lot lately—is NOT epub... no matter how similar the file extensions appear to be. I suspect that the Kobo-bought ebooks that it's working for for your friend have in fact, been downloaded as keypub files and not epub.

I can assure you that "pages left in chapter" is not any sort of standard ePub functionality (ePub meaning ePub2... which is what Sigil creates).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote