Thread: Rooting problem
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
It looks like you did not burn the image correctly. I struggled with this as well until I read on the instructions that you must apply the 'dd' command to the whole disk not a partition. Once I did this the process worked great.

I used Linux and 'dd' not WinImage but the same concept should apply.

BTW you know the image is good when it boots up with an Android logo, but it takes a while to show up. When you first plug in the cord the screen is blank, if you are greeting the B&N screen when you connect the USB cable you are not booting off of your SD card.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote