View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
kmwott
kmwott began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwott View Post
I had the same problem and decided to replace the SQLite DB. I had done it successfully with another kobo using 1.4. I did use the link to the 1.8 zip file but messed up somehow. I do have the 100 free books and have 4 (Four) of the approx 35 books that I've bought. Where did the rest go? One mistake that I did make was to put the replacement files in the wrong directory at first. I had no books at all at that point I then corrected that and got the 104 that I have. I want them all. Problem now is that I don't get a Sync button when I connect my Kobo. I think that I'll reboot the computer and hope that it corrects somehow. Any suggestions appreciated....

Kathy, Ottawa
Well - just re-booting didn't work but to make a long story short I have got a working Kobo with my purchased books. I decided to try another USB cable - the white one that came with the Kobo. With the black one I had handy the system was connecting but something wasn't working. When I connected with the white cable I was suddenly prompted to update the desktop application (again) and I did that - and was then able to update the library and finally Sync. I now have 138 books and from a brief look I no longer have the problem with repeated text.
kmwott is offline   Reply With Quote