View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
I also have both. I do like the DX's large screen but when I am reading in bed, it's just too heavy. My wrists start to ache from holding it. And it's far from what I'd call 'portable'.

You need to decide which is more important to you. If you want something you can carry in a purse/briefcase, go with the K2. It's light and easy to carry around.

If you want something to read technical documents with a lot of pictures, or magazines, or newspapers...go with the DX. That larger screen is wonderful.
I should probably make note when I say that I think the KDX is great for general reading that I am a large man. I stand about 6'3" tall and played offensive and defensive tackle in high school. I think that probably makes the KDX a better fit for me, as I don't find it heavy to hold at all. In fact, while helping my mother with her Kindle 2 over Thanksgiving it (the k2) felt too small for me.

Last edited by Connallmac; 12-17-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: clarification
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote