View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The documentation is correct. The left-hand QV pane does change to reflect the items for the newly-selected book in the same way it would if you clicked directly on the book. For example, assume you are using QV on tags and are looking the tags for book 'A'. Further assume that book A has one tag, foo, that book 'B' also has tag foo as well as several others. When book A is selected you will see 'foo' in QV's left hand pane and (perhaps amongst others) books A and B in the right-hand pane. Double click on book B in QV. That book will be selected in the spreadsheet pane, and the tags in the QV pane will be updated to show all the tags associated with book B, which of course includes foo.
@chaley - gotcha

I've only ever wanted to control the spreadsheet from the QV list. I've never wanted or even thought of controlling the QV list from the spreadsheet (other than pressing 'q' on a cell). This reflects the purpose for which I currently use QV, which I suspect may be atypical.

Your post has help me understand why I sometimes get 'frustrated' with QV.

What I would like is a checkbox on the QV window to Lock the contents so that a) when I restore a minimized Locked QV window its contents are the same as they were when it was minimized, and b) to prevent me from inadvertently 'losing track of what I was doing' when I get distracted. It would be good if the QV Locked state was persistent across calibre executions.

Why I want the Lock on the QV window itself and not in Preferences.

Now that I understand the other 'usage mode' I think I can see how I could use it for a purpose that is discrete from my current usage. In that instance I obviously would not want to lock the QV contents. Except maybe if I minimized the QV window - need to think about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You are correct to say that the book details pane is updated, but this should be true whenever a book is selected through any method.
And of course its on the right and not the left. The Book Details panel is what I look as I traverse the QV list but it does not behave as I think it should. I don't know if the following are doable

It would be good for me if the book list tracked the QV list as I traverse it with the up/down arrow keys, rather that having to double click with mouse - see first attachment

When I press Enter on a QV List item, it does a search on the QV list criteria - see second attachment. Is there some way I can prevent this, most apps treat Enter and double left mouse button click on list items as synonymous.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-08-25 , 20_04_11.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	109986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	109988  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-25-2013 at 06:58 AM. Reason: update screen capture