View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
The Amazon model works very well for me. High quality dedicated device for most of my reading, recent page synced to my iPhone / iPad / your-handy-device-goes-here for when I am out and about and have some spare time.

In terms of book choice, I'd like feedback when I click the "tell the publisher" you want this book on the Kindle link. Did you tell them, what did they say? Keep me up to date. Keep harassing them. Let me know you are doing so! Amazon should try and secure backlist rights on their own digital imprint when publishers don't want to bother. They could be much more proactive in this respect.

Finally, when the publisher makes an update correcting typos, let me know, and give me an easy way to update my library. If a new edition comes out, offer me an upgrade price.

Otherwise, they have my business for a very good reason - their model works for me. Yes, I'd prefer no DRM, but if I can read my books on many devices, I don't really care. And I'd like the books to really *be* mine, but I pretend they are, so no issue there.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote