Thread: Arc First Impressions
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
First Impressions

Well I've had it since Monday.

Wireless, not good, even though I used a Microsoft Surface for two days and the signal was 100%.

Swipes are a bit intermittent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (not as good as the Sony). Taps about the same.

Other stuff, well I bought it for an e-reader that wouldn't need a light when it gets darker, so not that fussed really (and I didn't want a Kindle).

No cable to computer, for some reason I got it into my head one was provided and it isn't so had to order one to get the rest of my books on. The Star Trek thingy and the other book, got rid of.

Good size, and weight okay. One thing that really niggles me is that WHSmith say the sleep cover is coming. What the heck is that all about. I've bought an Arc, I should be able to buy the sleep cover at the same time. Very poor show for the consumer.

No music on yet so not been able to use the sound. Not hitched Skype up yet so not tested the camera.

One thing I am sure of though, for day to day use, emails etc., I shall not be parted from my made to measure laptop, I do like a keyboard.

Would I recommend, not sure really, I suppose it does what it says on the tin and probably someone who likes playing games etc., would have a different view
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote