View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
I think I want to be able to recreate your method next time. If there's any steps missing, I want them. So you get an sd card, and you make your own folders with an underscore in front, and sort all your books into the folders. And then when you turn on the nook your folders are just there? Are they in "My files" or somewhere else? Is that it or am I missing anything?

Because if it works for me this is great. I LOVE the Nook physically I just hate having to manually organize the books into bookshelves one by one. This is the Nook's one fatal flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joydeck View Post
I have my own rather elaborate, Windows Explorer based, folder structure on the SD Card. In the SD card root folder, sorted by File Name, I have created the folders: _Dictionaries, _Non Fiction, _Novelist, _Playwright, _Poet, and _University. I have several levels of folders below each of these.

Although this took some trouble to set up, the folder structure is now more or less unchanging. I don't think Calibre would give me the flexibility I want.

I have copied to Nook memory some frequently used folders, and I use Shelves for recently read, good books.

I have noticed that the Home Page and the book icon, in the top left-hand corner, don't track your current place in the book or your highlights and notes, if you open and read each book from Library. After rooting, the new directory explorer does seem to tie up with the Home Page and book icon. And, of course, I now have reliable access to Wikipedia and Google as I read.
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote