View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Generosity of a couple of contruction workers

Yesterday I bought some electronic food scales from what we call a "$2.00 shop". Inevitably the pair of AA batteries had been fried in transit, I cursed myself for not looking at them before I left the shop and asking for a discount.

So on my morning walk I dropped in at the local newsagent (stand), they'd sold out of AA's. As I stood outside, contemplating whether to walk back down the hill to the service station, or up the hill (and towards home) to the Mena grocery, a guy (who was obviously what we call a 'tradie') exited the newsagents and asked, "What sort of batteries were you after mate".

When I told him AAs, he said, "I should have some in my truck. It's just around the corner, lets go take a look."

We walked around the corner, on which there's a construction site with a 4 metre deep hole surrounded by a chain mesh fence. He rummaged around his white van but couldn't find any. As I started to thank him he says, "Its OK, Eddie will have some in his truck." He shouts out to a guy in the hole, to ask if he has any batteries.

Eddie climbs the ladder out of the hole, and goes to his white van. In seconds he's found a pack of 10 AA's, which he rips open asking how many I need. I only needed one as I had one at home on standby for the mouse, he insisted I take two (just in case) and refused any offer of payment.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote