View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo has to make a determination regarding what country you are in for purchasing purposes. This will be true as long as here is an issue with the books that are available in a particular country--and that is a Publisher/contract issue.

There are various workarounds, all of which seem to violate the TOS, a document which is in line with the agreements that Publishers and Kobo have. For example, it seems that if I were to use VPN showing a US address, and my address on the Kobo site were to be in the US, then using my Canadian credit card company doesn't seem to matter. Just saying, of course, as I would not actually violate the TOS and risk having my account closed.

I do think we are seeing some transitional artifacts right now as they get ready to debut the Japanese site on the 19th.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote