View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #170
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
So, if I prepare an EPUB with these narrow spaces, it seems it will be moreless the same as with the thins spaces. Only the "new generation" of e-readers seems to be able to transcribe them correctly. French will have to wait a little...
I've always thought that French always requires non-breaking spaces before two-part punctuation characters (e.g. colons, question marks etc.).
Are thin spaces automatically treated like non-breaking spaces? If not, aren't you (theoretically) running the risk that a punctuation character is separated from the preceding word and moved to the next line if the user changes the font size?
BTW, I've read conflicting information regarding the recommended width of a space character before a two-part punctuation character in French. What's the correct width according to your research?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote