View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #171
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
It sounds like you were a lot more into BBS's than me!

I recognise Ward Christensen's name, not because of his work with CBBS but rather for the XMODEM protocol. I implemented a version of XMODEM for Primos in the late 80's to help me transfer files to client's computers (prior to that we would send tapes around the country).
Ah - XMODEM , I did an implementation of that in 8080 assembler for a CP/M machine we had at work as part of a terminal program to let me access bulletin boards at 300Bd. Reverse engineering the CBIOS so I could get at the serial port was the most interesting bit. It got me into the need to understand the low level stuff that most folk won't have heard of like floppy drive skew tables for mapping physical to logical sectors on a FDD.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote