View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I read a book. I liked it. So I tried another. Time passed.

I wish I had a more heart(warming|rending) and meaningful story behind it.
Same here, as far as I can tell.

I learned to read at a fairly young age, and didn't have much difficultly with it, so interesting books were as accessible to me as TV or movies, and I like all of that.

However, I did have an uncle who was in the habit of reading the dictionary and the encyclopedia in the same way that some people read Readers Digest.* While I can't attribute my interest in reading fiction to him, I picked up that same affection for dictionaries and encyclopedias.

ApK

*No, I don't mean "in the bathroom." I mean picking it up casually and reading a random article or reading about a word just for the heck of it.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote