View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I fail to see what the big revolution is. We've had windows and linux on mobile devices for ages, and look where we are.
Processors keep getting better, and they keep lowering the power consumption - yet we still don't see that effect the battery life. Probably because the extra MHz are being wasted for useless gimmicks that make windows mobile try and look like iPhone OS or Android. The core didn#t change. And it won't, because windows mobile is targeted at nerds who like to manage their servers with PDAs or run BBSs or access Databases and what not.
I think windows mobile needs to split up into a "low-tech" version, which is usable with your finger, just like iPhone OS is, and a "high-tech" nerdy version that mimics a desktop computer.

I'm not saying iPhone OS is the ultimate OS - it is low-tech, you don't have "files", you can't change anything ... it locks you down.

Can't really say much about mobile linux since I haven't used it yet.

Oh yes, and whatever the previous posters said about the display, I agree.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote