View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
Busybox is not a Linux version (Linux is only the kernel), but an implementation of many of the basic commands. It's usually used where we have little space, to replace coreutils, util-linux, fileutils and so on, most of which comes from GNU. To my knowledge, all e-ink devices run Linux, but the userspace may vary a bit.

The shortcomings of the poterm keyboard come from inkview, and I believe poterm is also pretty useless for screen oriented things like curses (less, vi, top etc). The keyboard is defined in a config file (language/keyboard/EN.kbd) which may contain multiple layouts (although I suspect it's a fixed size), so we can probably add in the missing characters.

Edit: Almost forgot, great job! And by the way, I don't think there's a firewall but busybox' version of nc (netcat) doesn't have listen mode. Somewhere there's a telnetd we can build for the pocketbook.

Last edited by LoneTech; 01-14-2011 at 03:16 AM.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote