View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #435
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't think I will risk it on my N905 Touch. But, just using the KoboRoot.tgz is running perfectly.
A birdie whispered in my ear, a while ago, that you could do an upgrade by just moving the tgz file to the device, and not moving the bootstrap/kernel files.

After giving it a great deal of thought, I decided to not publish this mechanism, as I was uncomfortable with encouraging people to use an upgrade mechanism that was not as designed by Kobo. Plus there might be future issues if the firmware required something in the kernel that changed.

I didn't realise that this could be a mechanism to load Glo firmware on the old Touches.

Of course, as always, doing anything to load firmware other than through the Desktop is at your own risk.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote