View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
A lot of the sites set those non-lendable books up with an affiliate BUY link, and allow you to wishlist them should they become lendable at some point in the future. I'm not sure how LendInk handled it. Keeping current on lendability status can be a problem for these sites, though, as books/publishers can move in and out of the program.
So if I got this right, Lendink (and similar sites) extend the Lending Program of Amazon/B&N to a more user-friendly social media site and promote not only the vendors but the authors.

They make some money though by adding their own referral code to the BUY links. So if a user does buy a book through Lendink they get some reimbursement by providing the free, and legal, service.

As Lendink just acts as an intermediary between users and the actual "Lend" is handled by Amazon/B&N, these 35% authors who opt out of Lending have nothing to worry about as Lendink doesn't actually handle the transfer itself.

So in the end, Lendink is doing these authors a favor by giving consumers another source in which to find their books and buy them.

And they had the site shut down ... good job guys!

Last edited by MikeOxlittle; 08-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote