View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Then he should re-install using Build 538 - which does a full format and re-install, including files that aren't included in the transitional updates. When he's done that, he can re-install Build 708.

I don't really think doing a full format on the internal memory of the Cybook is a 'good thing'. Really, I don't.

Note that I'm not saying I've tried it, just that I don't think it will work. And if it doesn't and he ends up with a 'bricked' Cybook, he'll then have to shell out money to have Bookeen repair/replace it.
I have tried it (with an older firmware) and there was no problems. I built an ext3 file system (what in the Windows world is called formatting) on the internal partition and when that did not work and I got the squares there was no problem building an FAT32 file system on the partition.

Why should it be bricked just because you format the partition holding the system files?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote