View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #54
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Don't know about the E-ink Triton but it seems Bridgeston e-paper could be already suitable for this (even though maybe not the best quality for reading I don't know).
The odd point here is that this is one of the few (if not the only one) tech related business where at least major brands don't have dozens of models for each price range, from the most popular to the flagship model. Just think about mobile phones, computers, hi-fi, and then cars, musical instruments and everything else. How many Roland TD20KX V-Drums Roland has planned to sell at over €6.000 compared to their base model wich ships for less than 1/6 the price? Nonetheless they have their flagship model in production.
If we hadn't see prototypes one could think that scaling poses major technical issues but it's not so, so (for me) the mistery remains.
I've seen there is an Onyx representative wandering here in the forums, it would be nice to hear his point on the subject. They just relased their M90 E-Ink pearl touch reader, why not a M120 with a limited production when E-ink already ships 12.1" screens? They would be the first and gain added value in advertising also for producing just say a 1000/5000 sample commercial units.

Last edited by Koda; 07-04-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote