View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tono1 View Post
I have a PDF book each page formatted to show 2 pages side by side. [...] I have been looking at pdfscissors but could not find a solution there.
What was the problem? You could have 4 blocks:
left side page- block 1 on top and block 2 on bottom;
right side page - block 3 on top and block 4 on bottom.

Should get you nice sized text in the correct order, with minimal fuss. Or were the pages not so visible in the stacked pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
I just used pdf-scissors on a breadmaking recipe booklet that came with the breadmaker.

It had two recipes on each page, side-by-side.

[...]

Spurred me on - Looks great - I did not use Calibre but just copied the pdf to the k3. Fonts might be considered small but some but much better than the wider pages of the original manual.
The fonts should have been nice and large if you had used four blocks instead of two as described above. Though perhaps you preferred more content on a page? Or horizontal slices cut through pictures or graphs?

Last edited by jj2me; 11-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote