View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source View Post
Can you please, (or anybody else) try to display the gray_scales.gif (attached in first post) on your M92 and check if you have the same problem? Or maybe only my device is faulty and needs to be returned...
Strange, my M92 does show 16 grades of gray. I may distinguish every shade box and none is the same like another.

That might explain, I haven't noticed anything strange concernimg b&w pictures.

My M92 is probably from 1st batch for European market. It arrived in December after Christmas. My current firmware is the lates one - 1.7 - 20120726.

In your case the problem may be hardware or "software" the callibration curve. Hope Booxtor might help to all, if it is the "software" one.

I do not remember exactly, what had to be done in case discussed on a Russian forum, but my feeling is it was not only simple copying the file somewhere to a normal firmware. My feeling is, the callibration table must be copied to a deeper "firmware" layer than normal firmware is written. Maybe somewhere to the screen hardware.

I do not know, just guessing from the fact, that the solution recomended was not to inslall latest (or any other known correct) firmware, instead certain utility (provided by device support) had to be run.

Last edited by Mono; 08-29-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote