View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #23194
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
When you are typing though, its so much faster to upswipe than go to another keyboard, isn't it?

I'd tell you to double click the space bar to end a sentence with a period and automatically advance two spaces, but I know you already know that!
I didn't, but I see no reason to remember it. I stopped putting two spaces after periods in the early days of word processors when two spaces could make for weird formatting. Things like this could happen on a page:

Quote:
.....“Nor” expresses a negative condition.
.It literally means "and not." You’re obligated
to use it if your sentence expresses a negative
and follows it with another negative condition.
.The old rule is that “nor” is typically used
to follow “neither,” and “or” follows “either.”
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote