Thread: DR1000 Batteries for DR1000
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #17
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by papata View Post
No warning has been given before the switching off the device, which is what the Irex used to do with the original Varta. Secondly, the screen stayed on the last page although the device itself did not function from that point of time onwards. Obviously the battery still had powers to feed the device, which is why the screen did not go blank. So the Battery itself could have powered the device for some extra time, and it is not completely drained on the hanging event.
An e-ink screen does not need power to retain its information. So if you cut of the power, the last information on the screen will stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papata View Post
I am not sure that this can be adjusted by a hack in the setting of the device, but there is obvious mismatch between how the device behaved with the original Varta.
Although the screen was still showing the last page which was loaded before the hang-up, I could not reset it through the reset switch on the bottom. It needed a recharger to be plugged in before it can start again. I am not complaining though, I have got nearly 13 hours of continuous use and even with the annoying hang-up on the end, the device is much more useful than with a nearly dead Varta on board.
Thanks for the tips on replacing the battery Guys.
Normally the battery charger/monitor needs to 'learn' how the battery behaves, so it is possible that after a few charge/use cycles the indication of the power left in the battery will be more accurate. But then it could also be that some special parameters need to be configured in the charger-chip to match the used battery, time will tell.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote