View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The Onyxes have their own set of problems. Be sure to read the threads on Onyx M9*.There is supposedly a M92 model coming soon which has the possibility of being decent.
Thanks for the warning j.p.s., I'll keep my expectations low

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
You seemed to me shocked about the difference between PB and Kindle. Did you worked with pearl devices and now you faced for the first time a vizplex display so that's why you might be so surprised ? Analyze yourself well, many are influenced of what are you gonna say .
It's not about the difference, it's about how well the core function of the device performs. If the text on the Kindle had looked great and on the PocketBook "just" very good then I wouldn't have bothered to write this. Sadly the way it is may be acceptable for some uses, but generally is rather poor, especially when reading PDFs.

When it comes to blacks the text is not looking great but is readable, the colour of it is kind of very dark grey. However, when it comes to greys (or colours) this is when the real trouble starts, as the colour gets closer to the grey of the background and the text becomes hardly visible. Example with 120% zoom on the PocketBook and comparable size on Kindle:

(I haven't set up my 'studio' properly this time so the pictures are a bit darker than they should be)

As you can see monospaced fonts used in the literature tend to be thinner so even if not displayed in a box like in the above example, they will still look very unclear. Compare the "Or you can boot..." line with the "AnnotationConfig..." in the first picture.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote