View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #32
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos View Post
I'm complaining about the limitations of a different format altogether, the Kobo-developed "native" format sold on kobobooks.com, borders.com, etc alongside the eBook format.
No problem. I turned my brain on and did recall kobo using sqlite as db.
For some reason I also had on mind some xml file having some index,
but I was curious once and let it live peacefully. I still think that format
shown to the end user depends on the publisher.

Quote:
It's bizarre how quick some people are to white knight a corporation they like. The more consumers complain about issues like this, the more feedback Kobo has to develop a better product (if they want to).
White is the color that becomes dirty pretty quick. Contrary, fast knight is
a good knight. Again, I would rather put stress on particular book, not on
sqlite.

Quote:
The problem in my OP is something I'd expect to see in a beta version of the format, images not displaying at all is actually a pretty serious limitation. Plenty of books rely on more than just plain text to get their message across.
MySQL or PostgreSQL are much better but big, big, big. Further, how
many million books one could store on the reader to have a benefit?
One more further, I do not expect kobo to change selling policy in any
way. I, as a user of reader, prefer epub, that I could change and remade
and <insert_something_smart>. Spite I have nerves for empty pages
and strange line breaks, I often simply change few tags or css lines. At
least it makes me pleasure to blame myself later.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote