View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
I loaded a book into Sigil, changed it to how I wanted it to look and tried to save it. I tried saving it as an epub but it just saved it as .sgf.
Do I just rename this with an epub extension or what?
It's very simple and quite standard on Windows: the file type you save depends on the extension. You can either add the extension yourself, or you can let the dialog add it for you.

EDIT: Let me clarify: if you type in "name.sgf" as the filename to be saved to, it will be saved as SGF regardless of the type you selected in the dropdown box. The type you select merely adds the extension if you haven't added one yourself, but it will not append a new one if you typed one in manually. So "name.sgf" will not become "name.sgf.epub" if you selected epub.

So Sigil sees that you want to save a file of type SGF and saves it in that format. This is the standard way of doing things on Windows. Other platforms AFAIK behave differently, and Sigil uses native save dialogs on each, so it follows platform conventions.

So either don't type the extension manually and use the dropdown, or ignore the dropdown and type in the extension yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
Incidentally I'll be changing from windows xp 32 bit to vista/windows 7 64 bit in a few weeks, anyone know if I'm likely to have any trouble running sigil or book designer on it.
Sigil is developed on Win7 x64. BD is a different matter.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-15-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote