View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #29
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
When I load the same books onto my Sony T1 with hyper links the the link indicates it is a link but not on Kobo Touch when same book is loaded by Calibre. I can not understand why Kobo firmware is crippling such a useful feature. Such links along with author bio in front of book would help advertise related books by same author sold by Kobo or other sources and would be much better than some of there other advertising efforts. Everyone is use to seeing this in front and back of paper books and I find it useful.
This does work on Kobos, but perhaps only for kepubs as yet.

For example, the free book "Season of the Harvest" by Michael Hicks has a link to the Author's web site on the copyright page. If I tap the link on my Glo a window pops up advising that the link goes to an external website and asking if I want to open the browser.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote