View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #50
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
Yea I checked it out when they first offered it but couldn't really see much advantage over FLP's overdrive collection. I guess if they offered books or publishers that weren't available through overdrive.
I think the allocation of books is a little different: with Overdrive, the library may have 5 virtual copies of a book and 10 people are waiting on it... with Freading, many people can borrow the same book until the library reaches the total limit for checkouts.

A perfect example is that my wife likes Georgette Heyer... FLP's Overdrive has about 15 titles, most with a waiting list. Freading had ALL the titles currently available in eBook with no waiting.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote