View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #246
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Thx Kovid, good spot.

Re the line-height/dropcaps thing. I've not got a lot of love for dropcaps . Probably because I don't believe my Kindle supports them, and I also don't think that webkit/Sigil or whatever renders them "properly" either. So I personally have no issue of obliterating the "drop" by removing the line height and turning it into a large first letter.

I can appreciate however if you wanted to keep them then fair enough you would not want to run this option. What I had more in mind was some of those really nasty pdf scans into rtf which have hundreds of styles (and certainly nothing as fancy as drop-caps!). Maybe this is the wrong solution for that and I should just stick to Sigil regexes.
Usually there is only 1 dropcap style, so how about this idea:
A user configurable count threshold before removal/disabling
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote