View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #57
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Ha ha! I am familiar with vxf's past posts regarding the Sony software. The newest version of the Sony desktop software is frustrating and not as full-featured or speedy as their old version. It's syncing and note-taking capabilities are limited for advanced users like vxf compared to the old version.

The good news is that with the newer models you don't need the desktop software anymore. Sony now has a web-based bookstore for purchases on your computer. You can browse and download books from the reader browser even from other bookstores like Kobo. You can borrow books from your local library via an Overdrive app on the T1/T2. The T2 also has an Evernote app where you can upload your highlights and notes as well as download saved web pages. Sony also finally released an iOS app which is powered by Bluefire. Many of us switched to calibre for managing our libraries and collections since it integrates so well with the Sony readers. I've been able to do some sophisticated things like sorting books in my collections via published date order and adding genre and series labels to collection names.

By the way, vxf, Wall Street Journal downloads have worked consistently with the T1/T2. I think that was an issue you had in the past too. Although I recently cancelled my Sony subscription and switched to mobile access on my iPad.
As always, you are right.
And you have an incredible memory. I barely recall even having a SONY, by now.
Obviously, kidding.

But yes, it sounds like my main complaints (poor management of annotations and problems with periodical delivery) have been addressed. So I should probably keep quiet. But I couldn't resist...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote