View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #21274
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I can eat sushi until it comes out my ears! Actually, I prefer sashimi to sushi, and at least one dinner a week will be sashimi in our house.

VydorScope, do you like sliced roast duck? How about scrambled eggs? Boiled shrimp? Crab legs? How about tuna salad or sliced hard boiled egg? Roast beef? Cucumber? These are ALL found in every good sushi shop! You don't have to eat raw fish to enjoy sushi. In fact, 'sushi' is the style of rice prep, not what goes on top!

Before I moved to Asia, the strangest food I ever ate was a Kiwi fruit... There was NO WAY I was going to put raw fish into my mouth. Or seaweed! Heck, even in the States the only time I'd eat fish was if I caught a trout and cooked it stream-side. I'd only eat "Mrs.Paul's Fish Fingers" completely smothered in Tartar Sauce. Even today, I do NOT like the tastes of cooked fish, and the smell almost makes me ill.

But fresh raw fish doesn't smell like fish. It doesn't taste like fish. Unless one were told what it was you were eating, you wouldn't even KNOW it was fish. Maguro (tuna) is clean-tasting and smooth, ika (squid) is even cleaner tasting and chewy. Clean and fresh... not the least bit fishy fishy fishy! Cooked shrimp... well... you know how good that tastes! While there are a few raw fish that to my nose really stink, most have no fishy fishy smell or taste to them. I pass those by and only eat the ones I love; tai (yellowtail) hamachi (sea bream) maguro, ika, ebi (shrimp) and of course, akagai (clams) and hotategai (scallops)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote