View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Hanvon h516, Kobo Aura HD
PRS-650 Connection Problem

I've suddenly got a weird new problem with my Sony.

When I connect it to USB it flips to 'Charging Battery' mode and seems fine. I can browse the various folders on the device from Windows with no issue. It will stay at this state indefinitely with no problem.

When I start Calibre it starts communicating with the Sony OK. The task 'Getting list of books from device' (not sure of exact wording) runs for a few minutes. Then the Sony displays a 'Charging Interrupted' message and I can no longer browse the directories from Windows. Calibre just sits spinning its job in progress indicator. The device communication seems to be completely broken at this point. All that I can do is unplug the device, reconnect it and scan and fix the 'drives'.

Anyone have any ideas?

David
dvd8n is offline   Reply With Quote