View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've done a little experimentation with this '(xxx)' suffix feature

The parenthesised suffixes - (ed), (illus), (trans) etc - are ignored in formulating the author_sort column. But...
  • you get multiple items in the Tag browser for the same author - with no hint as to why.
  • its not ignored if you use Alt+A to list all books by author of current book

If I Alt+A on a book with Author "Fred Bloggs (ed)" then I only get books by Fred Bloggs on which I have the '(ed)' suffix, I don't get books with '(illus)' or no suffix - I use Alt+A a lot
  • Quickview has similar problems to Alt/A - I also use it a fair bit

I get the impression that the feature in there courtesy of serendip, rather than calibre's usual thorough going design

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-12-2014 at 03:07 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote